VINAYAKA MISSIONS SIKKIM COLLEGE OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
The Vinayaka Missions Sikkim College of Pharmaceutical Sciences (VMSCAS), is a constituent college of Vinayaka Missions Sikkim University, Gangtok, Sikkim, established in the year 2010. It is a pioneer institution in Sikkim offering Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharm.) and Bachelor in Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) programmes approved by the Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi. It plays a vital role in the field of Pharmacy education and caters to the needs of society by meeting the ever-increasing demand for pharmacists in Sikkim as well as India and abroad. The students graduated from the college have successfully placed in Pharmaceutical Industries in Sikkim and serving the community at large.
The college located at Metro-point, Tadong, around there lots of Pharmaceutical Companies have been functioning which offer students and faculty a tremendous opportunities for inter-professional collaboration. This institution having an excellent infrastructural facilities including well ventilated classrooms, laboratories, library and auditorium etc.
DIPLOMA IN PHARMACY
DURATION: 2 Years (Two Years)
ELIGIBILITY: A PASS IN 10+2 /HSC/CBSE/Intermediate / PDE / Equivalent. Must have passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or (Botany & Zoology) or Mathematics.
AGE LIMIT: Any aged candidates are eligible for the admission of D. Pharm. by submitting his or her physical fitness certificate from RMP or other authorities as specified indicating that the candidate if fit to take up this course.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION: English
BACHELOR OF PHARMACY
DURATION: 4 Years (Four Years)
ELIGIBILITY: A PASS IN 10+2 /HSC/CBSE/Intermediate / PDE / Equivalent. Must have passed the qualifying examination with 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or (Botany & Zoology) or Mathematics.
AGE LIMIT: According to AICTE (ALL India Council for Technical Education) any aged candidates are eligible for the admission of B. Pharm. by submitting his or her physical fitness certificate from RMP or other authorities as specified indicating that the candidates if fit to take up this course.
Candidates who have completed D. Pharm. with 50% of marks are eligible to join in B. Pharm. 2nd year subject to passing of entrance examination of the University.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION: English
- Admission will be as per the rules of the University and within the stipulated time and special consideration will be given for lateral entry.
- Fees should be paid by demand draft/ cheque only with the name of the University.
- Fees once deposited for the courses are not refundable until and unless the authority is unable to accommodate the students in any other course of education.
- Students have to submit his/her original mark sheets and other documents before admission in any course and in any case should not demand to return the original mark sheets and other documents before the course ends.
- Students have to pay all his/her dues for the session before each semester and in case of non-payment he/she will not be eligible to appear the semester examination.
- After completion of the total courses students have to clear all dues related to tuitions, library, hostel, mess etc before getting withdrawal of his/her original documents from the University finally.
- Students have to abide by rules and regulations of the University. Violation or breach of any rule or regulation by the student shall constitute an act of indiscipline and shall make him/her liable for disciplinary action against him/her.
- Any problem faced by the students either in academics or others related to the University/College, should be reported to the Principal of his/her College.
INSTRUCTION TO THE STUDENTS:
- Students will be punctual with classes and practical/training according to the schedule decided by the college authority.
- Student will submit all the assignments exactly on the specified date except in emergency situations.
- Internal assessment of a student will be calculated taking an account of a minimum of two Sessional examinations for B. Pharm. course and three Sessional examinations for D. Pharm. course. Re-examination will not be conducted for those who are absent on the days of examination unless the student is absent due to a genuine sickness (with medical certificate or home calamities). All B. Pharm. students must be appeared at least one Sessional examination per semester and all the D. Pharm. students must be appeared at least two Sessional examinations per year.
- Student will be allowed to appear the examination only if they have 75% attendance in theory and practical classes of each semester. The degree will not be granted unless all the Industrial Training/Hospital Training are made up.
- Students will not use the overhead projector (OHP), LCD without permission of the authority.
- Dress Code: The student will follow strictly the prescribed dress code in the college. The dress should be neat and decent. Only Salwar Suit for girls, formal pants and shirt for boys are permitted. Students should wear lab coat during practical. The dress code of the boys would be: Formal pants and shirt; Navy blue pant, Sky blue shirt, Navy blue tie with college logo and gray color blazer with college logo.
The dress code of the girls would be: Salwar Suit; Navy blue pant, Sky blue kurta, Navy blue chunni and gray color blazer with college logo.
- Students should not use cell phones in the college.
- Students will maintain complete silence in the class room and in the college premises so as to ensure a peaceful and quite atmosphere. They should not go out of the college campus during college hours.
- Student will maintain good interpersonal relationship with the college personnel.
- Student will behave in a decent and dignified manner throughout their stay whether in the college or in the hostel.
- All the students will attain library as per their schedule. Students are expected to use library books and journals and other materials with care. All students are expected to follow library rules issued from the time to time.
- All students should take responsibilities in maintaining the cleanliness of the College including classroom laboratories, Kitchen, Toilets and corridor.
LEAVE RULES FOR STUDENTS:
- With regards to sickness leave of absence would be granted in accordance with VMSU policy.
- All related sickness matters will have to be first informed to the teachers of the College of Pharmacy.
- The Principal will be informed about each and every details related to individual student health status.
- Students will apply for leave of absence in case of family and other emergency before availing the leave to the class coordinator/teacher. For special cases, permission of the principal will be required.
- If there is a shortage of attendance in theory papers, the student will have to pay fine in accordance with VMSU policy.
- Students who desire to discuss their problems (personal and professional) will do so first with their teachers. The student who needs subjects’ clarifications may approach first to the concern subject teachers and then to the Principal if require.
- All students will take part in all co-curricular activities arranged by the College/University.
- Students should take responsibilities in maintaining good health and also take care of their classmates or juniors in times in illness.
- All students should ensure (Enroll) themselves with the medical insurance scheme available with the University.
LIST OF FACULTY MEMBERS
STUDENT GRIEVANCE CELL